Avocado and lime breakfast smoothie is a delicious and nutritious way to get some healthy fats in before work
Having a vegetable based (rather than high sugar fruit based) smoothie has been the simplest way for me to get some good fats and much needed vitamins into me in the mornings. This avocado and lime smoothie is delicious, thick and creamy.
- 1 avocado (peeled and de-stoned)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Approx 300 ml of coconut water
- A handful of fresh mint (or 1 heaped teaspoon of dried mint)
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
Blend all the ingredients together in a high speed blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy.